Sunday 11 November 2007

Just Bex Friday Challenge - Happy Holly Days

The challenge this Friday was to make 5 cards all with holly on them. I really struggled with this one as i don't have that many holly things in my stash, so I have to resort to my huge pile of Anita's peel off that I got for about 35p a pack at the QVC outlet shop!

First one I used my new Quickutz candle die and added holly at the base, I mounted this onto cream card and a red scalloped circle. Covered a square card with paper from last years DCWV Christmas stack and added DCWV ribbon across the centre of the card. Mounted a Seasons Greetings peel off to finish the card.

This card I have used a Anita's peel off Christmas pudding with holly on top. I've coloured the waste and then added to the peel off. Mounted this onto red card and put an eyelet and ribbon at the top. Mounted holly paper onto red card and added this across the middle of the card. Peel off greeting at the bottom that has been coloured red.

This was based on an idea I had seen on Pootles blog. I have added some paper from last years DCWV Christmas stack mounted onto green card across the middle of the card. Coloured in some peel offs green and added his above and below. I then mounted 3 epoxy stickers onto green circles, the first one says santa, the middle one is holly and the last one says ho ho ho. Struggled to get a good picture of this one.

My mum had asked me to make some quick and simple Christmas cards for her to give to friends, so I used this Anita's peel off and coloured in using Marvy Le Plume pens. Simply mounted onto gold card and added to a tall thin card with a gold greeting.

The stamped image I got in a swap with Julie at Julie's Japes, which I coloured using Marvy Le Plume pens and red stickles for the berries. I add holly paper to the bottom of a DL card and added red card to finish off. ended up having to add holly to the paper as I got red stickles glue on it and I'm not sure I'm as happy with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are all gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

well done, they are all great cards Sue :o)

Natalie said...

Great cards. x

Tiffiny said...

cute cards.

Rika said...

Beautiful cards!